We recognise that the sling and carrier support industry works with and for families across the world with a massively diverse population, and that sling and carrier styles often have deep cultural and traditional roots. We believe that carrying support is more effective when it includes professionals from a range of cultural backgrounds, of different races, sexes, genders, ethnicities, sexualities, abilities/disabilities and religions. Not only is diversity in our industry a better representation of the communities we support, it is crucial to providing a wider range of experiences and viewpoints that lead to better practice. The ACESL (CIC) Diversity Sponsorship Fund is one way to make a mark and carve a path for others to follow, to reach out to communities with unique and innovative support services.
We are happy to be working together with Slingababy in the initial stages of this programme, which is now open to applications. We are looking for further sponsors to join our programme, and support is welcomed.
Please contact us if you are interested.
Application for the Diversity Sponsorship Programme are now invited from groups or individuals meeting the following criteria:
- Applicants must be able to provide a mission statement with clearly stated aims and relate these to the ethos of the ACESL (CIC) Diversity Sponsorship Programme.
- Be committed to providing the stated service for a minimum period of 12 months before review.
- Scheme must relate to under represented groups and reaching those who are not represented or supported by current services locally or nationally.
- Have a current membership of ACESL on any membership level (sponsorship is available for membership in selected cases).
- Currently resident in the UK and eligible to work in the UK.