These terms and conditions outline your obligations when accessing and using the ACESL website and community and membership resources.
The ACESL website is provided by ACESL on the following terms:
A. Acceptance of terms
- By using the ACESL website you are indicating that you accept these terms and conditions, which shall take effect immediately on your first use of the ACESL website.
- If you do not agree to be bound by all of the following terms then you may not access, use and/or contribute to the ACESL website.
- Your continued use of the ACESL website will be deemed acceptance of the updated or amended terms.
- If you do not agree to the changes you should cease using the ACESL website. Contact firstname.lastname@example.org immediately so we can remove your details (in line with GDPR).
B. Your registration obligations and conduct
- As a condition of using certain areas of the ACESL website you are required to register for a user “account” with a valid login ID and select a password.
- You shall provide true, accurate, complete and updated registration information about yourself.
- You agree to maintain and promptly update your account/registration information to keep it true, accurate, complete and current.
- If you provide any information that is untrue, inaccurate, not current or incomplete, or ACESL has reasonable grounds to suspect that such information is untrue, inaccurate, not current or incomplete, then ACESL has the right to suspend or terminate your account and refuse any and all current or future use of the ACESL website (or any portion thereof).
- You are responsible for maintaining the confidentiality of your password and account details and are fully responsible for all activities that occur under your password and account.
- Your account is non-transferable. You must not sell or otherwise transfer your account details to another person. Only in rare exceptional circumstances, would ACESL be willing for the lead team member to transfer professional membership to another of their team, as each membership is annually renewable
- You agree to immediately notify ACESL of any unauthorised use of your password or account or of any other breach of security and also ensure that you exit the service at the end of each session.
- Any member who breaches the code of conduct shall
- Any professional membership holder should be aware that the ‘team organiser’ should only add individuals of good character and that their use of their website, and any other membership benefits, are subject to that individual also agreeing to these terms and conditions. Any ‘team leader’ holds reasonable responsibility for their team members, and also has the right to remove any access from any individuals that are named as part of your team
- ACESL follows the recommendations of ICO.org.uk and will not share your personal information beyond that which are clearly stated such as Continuing Professional Development (CPD) free training or without your consent unless legally obliged to. You have the right to refuse the sharing of your information to any insurance body e.g. BGI or CPD training provider e.g EduCare.
- You are responsible for only sharing information with us that we need to have, or that you have permission to do so, unless it is your own content and property.
D. Intellectual property rights
- ACESL owns or is licensed to use all intellectual property rights in and to the ACESL website.
- By using the ACESL website and information and documents (“resources”) contained on the ACESL website you undertake to ensure that the intellectual property rights of the copyright holder are not infringed.
- Materials contained in the ACESL website may be downloaded, viewed and printed for personal non-commercial use only provided that no trademark, copyright or other proprietary notices contained in or appearing on such material are removed in whole or in part.
- All other rights are reserved and users must seek ACESL’s permission before making any other use of material contained in the ACESL website
- You agree not to reproduce, alter, amend or change the materials or reproduce any material in whole or in part and shall not allow any unauthorised user to have access by any means of any part of the materials.
- You agree to follow to keep records of consent for any media you share with ACESL for ACESL use or share such permissions for ACESL record keeping.
E. Limitation of liability
- Although every reasonable effort has been made to ensure that the information on the ACESL website is accurate at the time of publication, it is subject to variation at any time without notice and ACESL does not give any warranty that any such information will be accurate or complete at any particular time or at all.
- The ACESL website and any information or other material contained in it are made available strictly on the basis that you accept it on an “as is” and “as available” basis.
- Where you rely on any information or other material contained in it, you do so entirely at your own risk and you accept that all warranties, conditions and undertakings, express or implied, whether by common law or statute or otherwise in respect of the ACESL website are excluded to the fullest extent permitted by law.
- We exclude all liability whatever, to the fullest extent permitted by law, in respect of any loss or damage resulting from or arising from any non-availability or use of the ACESL website or of any other website linked to it, or from reliance on the contents of the ACESL website or any material or content accessed through it.
- It is your responsibility to ensure that you have the appropriate protection against viruses and other security arrangements in place whilst using the Internet.
- At this time the purpose of ACESL is a “consolidator of information” as best known and available and a facilitator of combined knowledge and experience within our industry as we expand our professional knowledge and community ethos. Whilst ACESL may provide recommendations, code and standards of conduct it is up to each individual member to use. Where appropriate we will ensure the at legal term “reasonable” as it to ensure all research at least meets that criteria.
- their own personal judgement when following such recommendations, as each circumstance is unique,
- to follow the laws and legal requirements for the areas where they live and/or working
- to contact ACESL for support at the earliest opportunity so we can facilitate appropriate support including community support and advice including further professionals, when and where necessary
- Our support is provided to registered members during their subscription period whilst carrying out activities that form part of the purpose of ACESL. We reserve the right to make decisions of whether an activity is included or excluded depending on circumstances. Support may include best practice guidance, and recommendations.
- ACESL is committed to the advancement of our profession and is committed to sourcing appropriate support for advice guides, recommendations and CPD by the most appropriately qualified individuals at that time of creation. Where professional advice is utilised the level of external qualified advice will be indicated on any media including text
- Owing to the nature of the Internet ACESL cannot guarantee that the ACESL website or the websites to which it is linked will always be available to use.
- Links from the ACESL website are provided for information and convenience only and ACESL has no control over these and cannot, therefore, accept responsibility or liability for the content of any linked third-party website. ACESL does not endorse any linked website.
- The failure or delay of ACESL to exercise or enforce any right in these terms does not waive ACESL’s right to enforce that right.
- ACESL is not liable for any ‘acts of God’, or other unforeseen events that are not reasonable to predict e.g. COVID-19. However the directors will consider each case brought to their attention and respond as appropriate.
- ACESL follows the UK distance selling regulations, and will only offer refunds to those who have not accessed the directory and/or the forum as appropriate, if the refund request (with reasonable explanation) is given within 14 days of purchase date and time.
Last updated 16th May 2020 19:00